Friday, May 22, 2009

April..Field Trip to Jamestown

Even though I wasn't chosen to be the chaperone for Elijah's 4th grade field trip to Jamestown..I went anyway. There really wasn't a choice in the matter. Elijah kept looking at me with his big blue eyes pleading for me to follow the charter buses, saying that everyones mom is going. I could not believe that "everyones" mom is going to tag along after their kids. What happened to giving your kids some independence? As I dropped him off I realized he was right. EVERYONES mom was following the buses! They had formed a mommy train of SUV's and mini-vans behind the buses. As I walked Elijah to his class there was a sea of mom jeans as far as you could see standing around waiting for the cue that the kids were heading to the buses. Geez.. So I did what any other mom would do in that situation..I raced home, got Isabella up and dressed, grabbed my camera, threw a lunch together, and made it back up to school in time to get in line just as the buses were leaving..the only thing I forgot was some comfortable walking shoes..Jamestown and heels don't mix. ;)
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: